Have you been looking for natural & holistic ways to help alleviate anxiety & promote mental, spiritual & physical healing in your life?
2020 has been an interesting year…and one thing is for certain, anxiety is running a little higher than normal lately!
Are you curious about which stones may be able to help with your stress or bummed out attitude?
Agate may be a good stone choice for you if you need a little help in the positive direction!
Read on to find out:
- What agate is,
- Where it comes from,
- The healing (or metaphysical) properties of this gemstone, &
- How you can use it to help with anxiety & healing.
What is Agate?
So, first up—what is agate, you know, the “scienc-y” explanation.
According to geology.com, “Agate is a translucent variety of microcrystalline quartz.” (1) It is a common rock and comes in a variety of colors.
Agate is a semiprecious stone that is “primarily from volcanic & metamorphic rocks.” (2) It has a Mohs hardness of 7, making it strong.
It has been used decoratively and in jewelry since ancient Greek times.
Where Does Agate Come From?
According to brittanica.com agate is found world wide. Here in the US, you can find it in the western states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana.
Check out this live dig example from the Crystal Collector. He posts videos & pics regularly of his crystal mining adventures all over the US. He’s super fun & always beyond excited to share his digs & finds with us!
What Are the Healing (Metaphysical) Properties of Agate?
Agate has some pretty cool metaphysical or healing properties that can help you!
The primary color and type of agate determines what chakra we associate it with. This is good because it means that it is one versatile stone that can help our entire body!
Here are just some examples of the many things that agate can do:
- Helps release repressed emotional issues
- May help with easing depression
- Helps with being more honest with yourself & others
- Promotes awareness of deep meaning in life & others (there’s something more to this..)
- Helps you quest towards enlightenment
- Opens creativity
- Helps find solutions versus focusing on negativity
- Brings balance in life
- Energizes the body through your spirit
- Encourages strength of character and inner strength or courage
- Helps with mental issues or imbalances
- Alleviates stress
- Brings love & removes negativity
How Can You Use Agate To Help With Emotional & Mental Healing, Decreasing Anxiety & Other Mental Health Issues?
This is probably the easiest way to get agate into your life. Find a piece of jewelry that contains agate & wear it whenever you need to tap into some cool healing vibes.
We have a pretty selection of agate healing jewelry you can purchase & use to help ease anxiety.
Carry a pocket stone.
The ancient civilizations did it this way & so can you! Why reinvent the wheel, right?
Get a pocket stone & carry it in your bag, purse, in your bra, or in your pocket when you’re going out. They are very affordable (usually less than $10) & easy to carry around.
Shop for agate pocket stones @ Natural Healing Gems
Meditate with it.
Carry your crystal with you when you meditate & it will help you focus better & calm & protect you while meditating.
We have a great agate jewelry collection that is perfect for wearing while meditating!
Put a stone inside your pillowcase.
Having even a small piece of agate in your pillowcase or under your pillow will yield some powerful protective & healing energy while you sleep.
Use it as rosary or prayer beads.
There’s not a whole lot to add to that one. Combining the power of prayer with the healing power of agate will definitely ease your stress & anxiety.
During these stressful times this year, there are so many ways to use the healing power of gemstones & crystals to help ease anxiety & bring healing to your spirit & emotions.
Using healing methods like this, along with current treatments from your health care practitioner, can really improve your overall health & mental well being.
May love, light & peace flow through you and around you this month!
References, Links, & Credits
- Geology.com: https://geology.com/gemstones/agate/
- The Crystal Collector:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXr4Ny0XrOs
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agate
- BirdSong Designs Online: https://birdsongdesignsonline.com/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage&q=agate+
- Madagascar Minerals: https://www.madagascarminerals.com/metaphysical_guide_of_agate_p.cfm
- Natural Healing Gems: https://www.naturalhealinggems.com/gems/pocket-stones/agate/resolutions
- I-stock.com: https://www.istockphoto.com/